"Where a shop of wonders awaits those, it is fated to serve."
Yuuko's Shop, in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, is the place where Sakura, Syaoran, Kurogane, and Fai met for the first time. Yuuko's Shop originally appears in xxxHolic and plays a very large role there. It's located in modern day Tokyo, Japan (According to the CLAMP's Universe, other mangas developed in the same world/time as CardCaptor Sakura, Suki. Dakara Suki, Lawful Drug and Kobato.), although it's inaccessible unless you're predestined to come here; as a fact, the store is in a different existential plane.
Here, the Dimensional Witch will grant a person's wish, but everything has a price, and the customers have to pay something equivalent to their wish, no more, no less.People residing in the shop include: Yuuko, Maru and Moro (xxxHolic), Larg (Black Mokona,) and Kimihiro Watanuki.
Though the way the customer pays the price varies greatly, the majority of CLAMP's works have shown that the price is somehow related and will determine the customer's future. However, in the xxxHolic OVA Midsummer Night's Dream, Watanuki is shown to dust and clean the shop's items as payment.
The first ones to arrive here are Syaoran and Sakura. Syaoran asks Yuuko to save Sakura, but she has lost something very important to her: her memories; and if they don't do something soon she'll die.
Then Fai and Kurogane appear, each asking for their wish: Fai doesn't want to go back to the country where he came from, but Kurogane wants to go back to his. Along with Syaoran's wish to find Sakura's feathers (memories), the three share the same wish: to cross dimensions. But this is an expensive wish, which means they have to pay with their most precious thing:
Kurogane pays with his sword Ginryu, Fai pays with his magic (his tattoo on his back), and last, Syaoran pays all of Sakura's memories of him, meaning that she will never remember him again even if he retrieves all of the feathers.
Thus, Yuuko gives them Mokona-Soel-Modoki warning them that they will find worlds full of war, despair, and lies, and also finding people they met before (but they don't have to be the same, or act the same way anyway). And she'll keep Mokona-Larg-Modoki to communicate with each other. Watanuki appears just before the group arrives to give Yuuko the Mokonas.
When the group first arrived, Yuuko was not hit by the rain. This is because she cast a spell and kept herself in a different space, avoiding Fai's first curse.
The shop keeps its secrets and seems to be selective with it clients. For a shop that can grant any wishes, only a few seem to have taken notice of it, though she believes it is Hitsuzen(Inevitability) that makes it possible for those few to set foot in it.
The shop's existence is connected, both to the fates of the characters in xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles. As the story of Tsubasa progresses, Yuuko and Mokona notice that the shop's wards are weakening. In chapter 157(xxxHolic), the wards of the shop collapse, revealing the shop completely. It is most likely this event which makes it possible for Fei Wang Reed to attack Yūko in chapter 183 of Tsubasa RESERvoir CHRoNiCLE. In chapter 167 (xxxHolic) the shop itself dissolves, although the store room is unaffected.
After Yuuko's death, Watanuki takes over the Shop and continues to grant wishes, due to his wish he made when he was stuck in the space-time void with Syaroan.
Many of the items in the Storage Room include items from other CLAMP works:
- Both Watanuki's and Clone Sakura's memories.
- The High Moon vase from Gohou Drug, which she claims she acquired from the "anything goes" store (but Watanuki thinks she stole it)
- Sakura's staff from Cardcaptor Sakura, which she reveals to be just a replica of the original. She also posseses the real Staff, which was used as a payment for Tsubasa Li's travel.
- A stuffed toy resembling Kero.
- One of Hinata's teddy bears from Suki.Dakara Suki.
- Sakura's bag from Cardcaptor Sakura, which Yuuko gave to Watanuki in Chapter 005.
- A monkey's paw.
- She also has Fai's tattoo and magical staff, Kurogane's sword Ginryu (Silver Dragon), the clothes worn initially by Syaoran, Sakura, Fai, and Kurogane.
- Ear headphones resembling the persocom ears in Chobits.
- A chime from the Princess Tomoyo of the Bird Cage Country.
- Hikaru's sword from Magic Knights Rayearth.
- A birdcage containing birds similar to the birds in Clover which can only be seen in the light of a full moon, the man who got the birds has the same insignia of Fei Wang Reed.
- Twelve jars of pure water taken from a well at a mansion. (xxxHolic)
- Glasses resembling Clow Reed's (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- A picture of "Syaoran" and his parents
|Worlds in Tsubasa:Reservoir Chronicle|
|Story arcs by order||Clow Country ● Celes Country ● Nihon Country ● Yuuko's Shop ● Hanshin Republic ● Koryo Country ● Fog Country ● Jade Country ● Outo Country ● Edonis Country ● Idol Country ● Shara Country ● Shura Country ● Piffle World ● Lecourt ● Tokyo ● Infinity ● Dream World|